BR211 2023 RADON: Guidance On Protective Measures For New Buildings
Are you involved in designing or constructing new buildings that are planned to be occupied?
BR211 2023 RADON: Guidance on protective measures for new buildings (including supplementary advice for extensions, conversions and refurbishment projects) has been published.
The principal changes over previous editions are:
- Combined guidance for England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland
- Clearer explanatory guidance on specifying and installing radon-protective measures
- Updated guidance to reflect recent amendments to building regulations and building standards
- Improved references to design & product specification, on-site quality management recording and 3rd party integrity testing & verification
- Appendix A maps replaced by regularly updated links via interactive online searches through UK Health Security Agency HERE or via The British Geological Survey HERE
- Appendix B as been replaced by Radon Protective Measures Quality Management Record ensuring that Contractual Responsibility is correctly allocated from conception to completion.
The guidance is available at the BRE Bookshop and supersedes all previous editions.